My Nieces & Nephews

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Auntie Adventures w/ Ashton

Well, Ashton is now a bit over one year old. He's spent the night with me a couple times now. One occasion was, a couple months ago, when the "girlz" stayed over. He had a small melt down but the girlz helped out as he is very familiar with them. Also, he took a liking to my roommates. I had my hands full that night, too, because I also did the girlz hair! Didn't get to bed till well after midnight but it was precious (see the details in upcoming posts). But just last night (December 6th 2008), I kept Mr. Ashton with no buffers. Just he and I and he had a serious melt down due to seperation anxiety. He cried for maybe 20 minutes, at least. He would not let me hold him. The only way he got calm was by me sitting him on the bed, giving him his favorite snack, and doing the "stare down" with him. He was just sitting there staring at me. LOL! When he figured out, I maybe related to him and I was not going to hurt him, he started to warm up, cracking a smile or two. Then I turned on some music and noticed he was rocking a bit and that seemed to really get him warm. Finally, I was able to make him laugh and I finally crossed over from stranger to auntie! He finally allowed me to cuddle with him and before I knew it, he was asleep in my arms. Although, around 3 am, he awoke in another melt down mode. He was wet. So I took off the pamper thinking he was done; I ran to get a clean one and came back and he had made it rain on my bed. LOL! But he was soon off to sleep again. So these are my new auntie adventures with Ashton. We have more in common than he knows--we both are rocking "fros" right now! Afros unite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home