My Nieces & Nephews

Monday, February 26, 2007

Bed Time Stories, What's Her Last Name

Bedtime is a riot--when my boo boo littles come visit. Tradition is to tell a story and then have an interactive story moment when they all add to the story I begin. Can you say "hee darn larious" Well this weekend, I turned off allthe lights and was telling my story--and right in the middle--Kynnedy feels the need to tell me things she's observing that DOES NOT pertain to the story, like, "I can see your eyes, I can see your teeth in your mouth" LOL! Okay you had to be their. It was such a funny interruption.

To give you another example of these sweet interruptions of 3 year old thought processes, it was December 2006, weekend before the Christmas holiday. Me, Kyn Kyr are in the bed. They have on their lil homemade stocking caps (to keep their hair from messing up of course) had my boo boo littles. Well I decided to tell them a story from the Bible about Ruth and Naomi. So I'm being all animated and trying to make the story of Ruth gleaning in the fields entertaining. So as I said, there was this girl named Ruth who came to a town w/ her mother in law and ____________, then Kyrsten interrupts very puzzled to ask, "what was her last name?" LOL!

Oh my! Oh and Kynnedy loves telling story. As I mentioned before, she loves to say, "and den, and den" but what's most delightful to hear is when she pops her little lips (like a true lil shorty) and say, "Once upon a time" LOL! (cracking up--you gotta see her little mouth and facial expression--girl be having a story to tell). Story time with my boo boo littles. Would not trade it for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home